4pawsGSD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bodie - 7 year old GSD Urgent plea for a mistreated sable boy Homed

3 posters

Go down

Bodie - 7 year old GSD Urgent plea for a mistreated sable boy Homed Empty Bodie - 7 year old GSD Urgent plea for a mistreated sable boy Homed

Post  Sheba'sMum Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:18 am

This is what Bodie's fosterer has to say about him:

Bodie is a particularly handsome 7 year old sable German Shepherd. He was found tied up to a thorny bush in a secluded area one very cold winters morning. Although he was microchipped the Dog Warden was unsuccessful in finding his owners so he was signed over to Guardian Angels Animal Support for homing and is in foster with myself in Hampton, Middlesex. When Bodie first came to us he was in very poor condition; emaciated, extremely long nails, no muscle tone, scurfy skin and filthy dirty. We have had him neutered, vaccinated and wormed/flea treated with Advocate and Drontal. He is steadily gaining weight and his coat looks and feels much better. Our suspicion is that at some point in his life Bodie has been a loved family dog (he knows commands such as sit, down and offers you both of his paws if you don't get the treats in his mouth quite quick enough!). However, we are fairly certain that more recently he has been used as a guard dog and has certainly been mistreated. Upon meeting someone new or passing a stranger on the street he will bark and sometimes lunge forward. For this reason he is always on a muzzle and lead when in a public place or when someone he hasn't met before comes to the house. As long as the person is confident and does not pay him any attention initially he warms to them within minutes and then acts the completely soppy clown he really is inside. He is one of the most loving German Shepherds I have ever fostered and enjoys being cuddled and having his belly rubbed.

He lives here with 3 other dogs and doesn't bother my house rabbit when he is in his cage on the floor. Overall Bodie is good with other dogs but 2 of my dogs are very bossy and think he would be happier either as the only dog or with a laid back dog who will not challenge him.

Although we know from the microchip database that Bodie was born in 2004 you would never believe that is his true age. He has crystal white teeth, has no grey and plays like a puppy. Infact his best friend here is a 4 month old Collie puppy who he absolutely loves to play and share his toys with. When he was vaccinated and health checked the vet remarked that she too finds it hard to believe he is 7.

We are looking for an adult only home with someone / a couple who are experienced with large guarding breeds. The home should not have children (resident or visiting) nor many different visitors as he finds this too stressful. However, he does remember people that he has previously befriended and is fine once he has got to know them so a handful of the same dog savvy visitors would be fine. A large, secure garden would be fabulous as he enjoys nothing more to run after his ball and bring it back to you. His new owners would need to understand that he needs to be kept on a muzzle and lead whenever he is in a public place as it is just not worth the risk of him doing what he thinks is "just his job". I adore Bodie and my heart breaks for him. I wish I could keep him as although he is fine with my 17 year old son, my son's visiting friends are too varied and frequent which results in him being crated for more time than either Bodie or myself are happy with. Therefore, although I know the type of home he requires is like gold dust I need to try and find him something more suitable than I can provide.

If you think you could provide Bodie with his perfect home please either email for a homing questionnaire at joanneberry@hotmail.co.uk or call for an informal chat on 0208 979 7501.

Bodie - 7 year old GSD Urgent plea for a mistreated sable boy Homed 424417_10150691555791424_742721423_11402408_262275496_n

Bodie - 7 year old GSD Urgent plea for a mistreated sable boy Homed 423935_10150691549181424_742721423_11402372_2048539424_n

More pictures of Bodie can be found by following this link HERE

Bodie's story

Last edited by Sheba'sMum on Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sheba'sMum
Sheba'sMum

http://s10.zetaboards.com/biggsd/index/

Back to top Go down

Bodie - 7 year old GSD Urgent plea for a mistreated sable boy Homed Empty Re: Bodie - 7 year old GSD Urgent plea for a mistreated sable boy Homed

Post  biggsd Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:49 am

Bodie is now in the care of Vigil gsd rescue

Sue 01444 453302

Mike 07956 342520.

I have met bodie on 2 occasions where he was wary of me but after a couple of minutes he accepted me even to take his muzzle off.
biggsd
biggsd

http://www.biggsd.com

Back to top Go down

Bodie - 7 year old GSD Urgent plea for a mistreated sable boy Homed Empty Re: Bodie - 7 year old GSD Urgent plea for a mistreated sable boy Homed

Post  melanie Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:21 am

shared :-)
melanie
melanie

http://www.sprayartist.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheba'sMum Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:05 pm

Bodie has gone to his new home. Very Happy
Sheba'sMum
Sheba'sMum

Back to top Go down

Post  melanie Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:45 pm

wonderful news i will take him of my fb group xx
melanie
melanie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheba'sMum Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:22 am

Thanks Mel & thanks for posting them on there for us. I hate facebook so won't join it but I do know there are many thousands of people that could possibly see the dogs on there & I'm very grateful to people like you that put the dogs so they can possibly find a new home. clap1.gif
Sheba'sMum
Sheba'sMum

Back to top Go down

Post  melanie Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:34 am

your welcome love, i have a group called 4paws gsd lost/found/rehome and have just over 1300 members and we have had much success xx Thumbs up
melanie
melanie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down