4pawsGSD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opal Lovely young girl homed

2 posters

Go down

Opal Lovely young girl homed Empty Opal Lovely young girl homed

Post  Sheba'sMum Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:49 pm

This is from Christine in Ireland:

Meet Opal.........

At the beginning of October, I went, to keep a friend company to a famous Horse Fair, apparently the oldest in the world.........

In amongst the hundreds of horses, donkeys, goats, fowl, dogs, pups, animals as far as the eye could see, all for sale. I spotted a GSD lying down, just watching the crowds go past.

I walked over and said hello to her, she gently stood up and walked over to me. I spent about 5 minutes just stroking and talking to her, she stayed very close to me but was watching the crowd..........looking for someone I think.
I asked the fella if she was for sale and he said yes, "how much?" I said, "100 euro" he replied. I didn't say anything......... Then another man came up to me and said "Is that dog for sale?" I said she wasn't mine but yes, they were selling her. He then started to look her over, checking her teeth, feeling her body and legs. I said to him, "She is no good for breeding..........undershot jaw, all the pups would be deformed and no one would buy a pup like that....!!" He replied "Guard dog then?" I said, "Don't be feckin silly, she is too friendly" Off he went. I was getting some seriously funny looks from the 'owner' so off I went for a wander round.

Headed back after a while, 'original owner' not there, but Opal remembered me and came straight over to me, tail gently wagging. I asked the new man, "Is that dog there for sale?" "Yes missus" he said. "How much you looking for?" I asked, "100 euro" he said. So I said, "I'll give you 50 euro" he looked at me............I said "I can't breed from her, just look at her teeth..!" He said "Make it 70 euro"..........I said "50, take it or leave it, my final offer"...... Opal walked away from those people on her hind legs.........She is now looking for a home...

Opal is Approx 18 months old, neutered, vax'ed, wormed, microchipped.

Great temperament, loves people, going out in the car, walking, though she could do with lead training, I don't think she has ever been on one.
She is good with dogs but is lacking in social skills and pushes her luck sometimes. I would not recommend that she be re-homed with another bitch, a laid back dog would probably suit her better. She really wants to please you and is very affectionate.

Opal Lovely young girl homed 25112010383

Opal Lovely young girl homed 25112010382

Opal Lovely young girl homed 25112010386

Opal Lovely young girl homed 25112010385

Opal Lovely young girl homed 25112010384

Opal will be coming over to the UK to John in Chertsey Surrey this coming Thursday.
If you can give her the new home she deserves please contact John by phone:
01932 571268

Opal's story

Last edited by Sheba'sMum on Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Sheba'sMum
Sheba'sMum

http://s10.zetaboards.com/biggsd/index/

Back to top Go down

Opal Lovely young girl homed Empty Re: Opal Lovely young girl homed

Post  sabresmum Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:55 am

Opal is beautiful and how lucky for her that you were there and rescued her from God knows what fate awaited her.

Fingers crossed that she gets a loving forever home soon, can't see her having to wait long.
sabresmum
sabresmum

http://www.gardenpine.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheba'sMum Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:24 am

Opal has left the building. Thanks to Diana (shoot the owner) in the orange top for finding her new home. Shadow the black collie who is still looking for his new home saw her off.

Opal Lovely young girl homed DSCF6661
Sheba'sMum
Sheba'sMum

http://s10.zetaboards.com/biggsd/index/

Back to top Go down

Post  sabresmum Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:36 am

wow That was quick hope Opal has a beautiful happy new life now.
sabresmum
sabresmum

http://www.gardenpine.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down